What to Expect When you Visit US
We know visiting a different church can be overwhelming and filled with the unknowns. If you choose to visit us we want you to know what to expect when you come see us!
A Warm Welcome from Loving People
Upon your arrival you will be greeted and welcomed by or loving congregation. Our friendly greeters will be glad to assist you with any questions you might have. They will help you find the where to go for classes or worship.
How Do We Worship?
Our Worship times are on Sundays just like the church in the New Testament (Acts 20:7). Morning Worship starts at 10:30 AM and our afternoon worship starts at 1:00 PM. We all meet together in the auditorium to worship together. We worship by the acts taught in the Bible.
- Prayer – Prayer is essential to worship. We go to our father to thank him and to ask him for guidance. We uplift prayers for healing and comfort. We pray all these things through Jesus Christ or mediator. (Matthew 6:9-13).
- Singing – We come together to sing praises to our God without the accompany of instruments. We sing with only our voices from the heart. (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16).
- Lord’s Supper – In reverence we remember the great sacrifice that was made on our behalf by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We remember his body hung on the cruel cross of Calvary and his blood shed for all mankind. We partake of the bread and the fruit of the vine that represents that very event every Sunday. (Acts 20:7)
- Preaching / Scripture Reading – We will have a scripture reading led by one of the men followed by a lesson from the word of God (Matthew 24:14) The sermon is mean to encourage you and help guide you closer to Christ. At the end of each lesson the speaker will offer everyone the opportunity to respond to the Gospel’s invitation to put on Christ in Baptism or come back to his loving arms.
- Giving – Giving is the time where we reflect back on how richly or God has blessed us. We reflect not just on material things but spiritual blessings. We give to help further the works of the church, to help those in need and for outreach. We are instructed to give on the first day of the week just as the early church did (1 Corinthians 16:2)
We have bible class on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights for all ages. Bible study is very important for our spiritual growth. We get to study a subject in depth to grow in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior. If you don’t know what class to go to just ask any of our nice Greeters at the main door!
In our bible classes we have one source! The Bible. Our elders and deacons make sure that any other material that we may use as a study guide aligns strictly with the Bible.